Friday, February 10, 2012

Of words and thoughts.

Assalamualaikum. And yeah, that's the first since I don't know, two months? Gosh, that's an insult to this whole blogging thingy I guess. Sorry :P

My friends keep telling me to write. Just write. Whatever comes to mind. Like all those stuff I've been ripping about through my Facebook statuses. See, that's the problem. I am so into Faceook that I tell everyone pretty much there instead of here. This. Blog. Where I should write my heart out. It's called personal blog for a purpose here, my dear self. Heh.

Recently, I've came across this one advertisement that publicizing about an event which will be held in my campus sometime around next week. The thing is, I could not believe my eyes to see how indescribably low the level of language being used in that ad. I mean not that it is too simple it could pass for primary school kids sentences, but it is wrong. It's poor. It's out of this world type of words and sentences.

But before anything, let me get this straight. It's not about their English is bad. In fact, as you are reading this, I believe you could find tonnes of error in my writing. I am sure. And I am sorry for that in advance.

What I was trying to say is, the advertisement they published is for public's view for God's sake. It's something formal. Something that people read. And by people I mean higher educational institution student, the educators, and worse, public. Those people making that ad should take a closer look. Ask people. Seek help. Just ask if the language that they are using is correct. There's nothing wrong about asking people. It is not something stupid. It's called learning. Instead of acting smart and at the and of the day just being a laughing matter. That's not cool at all, is it?

*There are open to all*
*There are an exclusive prizes for you*
*All club and ASSOCIETIES can join*

Tell me what shouldn't I be ranting about this matter?

Dan aku terfikir jugak, kenapa tidak bahasa Melayu je? Takde benda yang salah kat situ. Langsung tak menjatukan sedikit pun imej sebagai penganjur acara besar besaran.


I think I should give myself a little pat in the back for this. Hehe. And Alhamdulillah for the positive feedback. Because I care :)

I kinda found my passion here, didn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment